Saturday, November 15, 2014

This Week and a Race

  Still taking it pretty easy this week, not sticking to any schedule... well not freaking out if I don't get a run in. That is going to change next week though, I am going to start getting down to business  beginning Tuesday.
   Tuesday ended up being a rest day, and then Wednesday morning Rocky and I went out for an easy run on the trails, ending up with 6.2 miles in 1:08:06 with an average pace of 10:59 min/mile. Temperature was 36 degrees, feeling like 30 with a 7 mph N wind, but not awful. I wore my capris and a long sleeve shirt and my earband thingy, and gloves. I am much slower on the trails than road, especially at night when I really have to watch my footing, but that is good thing right now as I am still supposed to be taking it easy.
  Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:24
Mile 2 - 11:08
Mile 3 - 10:30
Mile 4 - 11:18
Mile 5 - 10:51
Mile 6 - 10:49
.2       - 10:21

    My garmin has started getting off track GPS wise, I know pretty well where the first mile is on this route and it doesn't lap until about .1-.2 miles after that mile. It really got screwed up this morning, but first lets talk about Thursday.
   Thursday morning Rocky and I went out on the trails, I made a poor choice on clothing this time... it was freaking cold. Temperature was 28 degrees with a feels like 21 degrees and 7 mph NW winds, which felt just freaking awful running at the edge of a field for the first mile. I almost turned around and headed back for the Tahoe, but decided to suck it up and tough it out. 
   Rocky and I ran 4.2 miles easy, in 46:01 with an average pace of 10:58 min/mile.
  Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:08
Mile 2 - 11:33
Mile 3 - 10:30
Mile 4 - 10:46
.2       - 10:26

   Let's just say it was so freaking cold, and felt so much more windier that my eyeballs had just about gone numb by mile 2 (is that even possible????) and I was having a hard time seeing roots which slowed me down.... but better to have slowed down than bust my face open.... right?

   The 2014 Get Dirty Fall Trail (15k)
I love trails, so I didn't hesitate registering for this race the week after the marathon, when most first time marathoners are questioning their sanity and saying never again, and possible no more races. They had their usual 3 distances - 5k (1 loop), 10k (2 loops), and 15k (3 loops); new this year was the 13.1 distance but as much as I wanted that one, I knew my body wasn't ready for it AND I decided that I won't do any half marathons unless they have a finisher's medal and a t-shirt (damn it). The Get Dirty races don't have t-shirts but they do have little medals, sometimes finisher medals for everyone but I think today's race was just for the top 3 finishers. They did have pint glasses for every finisher though, so that's cool... :)




  Yep, that's right. I got 2nd place female in the 15k distance.... out of 2 female runners...... the first place female finished 1:13:08 and also finished 2nd overall out of 10 finishers in the 15k distance.... I want to scream cheater but that would just be a sore loser lol. The female finisher in the half marathon finished in 2:13:34.... maybe I should have gone with the half distance but I was feeling kind of sick again.
  Mainly I know it is because my body is still recovering from the marathon two weeks ago so I am not fussing, I still PR'd in the 15k distance by about 30 seconds so that ain't bad for feeling like crap and taking a 30 second walk during lap 3. 
  I won't even mention my splits because of how screwed up my GPS was compared to the course map and mat, first mile was about .2 off but by the end of the first loop it was at 2.5 when we went over the mat then by the end of lap 2 it was at 5.4 and even further off at the finish. Instead of 9.3 miles, it was at 8.47....... almost a mile off and I am not sure why but I am going with their time and course.
  I finished in 1:23:31 with an average pace of 8:59 min/mile, beating my old PR by almost 30 seconds.





No comments:

Post a Comment