Wednesday, May 11, 2011

No Rain this Week..... so far

    Yesterday afternoon I went out with Shari's group and ran 3 miles, I would say around 31 minutes total. Wasn't bad and I didn't feel too much pain so I think I am actually improving, hopefully 3 miles will become my base mileage (in about 1 month). Jump Start will begin on May 24 (can't wait!!!!!) and they will start at 1 mile, I know that is a bit easy for me now but it will help me correctly improve and increase mileage their way. I think I will work on my pace during the first 2 or 3 weeks of Jumpstart, right now my pace is around 10 to 11 mpm and that is when I am running more than 2.5 miles. I still haven't decided if I am going to do another 1 mile run in the morning on those days that Jumpstart runs or just add a trail run to make up for the lost mileage???? I just want to do it smart and right, I do not want to injure myself again, I want to run the Half Marathon in October. Tomorrow my sister Shauna is supposed to run with me and the group, we probably will not run 3 miles but maybe 2 miles instead. It all depends on how she wants to do it, I also have a race Saturday at Audubon State Park (5k) and then I am pretty much done with races until August.

No comments:

Post a Comment