Sunday, January 8, 2017

First Week of 2017 Done

So the first week of 2017 is just about over and done, and I reached my goal for this week - to run 3 days/times and average 3 miles. Not only that, but I wasn't feeling any pain, soreness or or achey stiffness yesterday and barely any on Friday. What makes this really good news is I didn't even take any kind of pain killers yesterday or this morning.
Monday morning the dogs and I ran 3.2 miles with some achey stiffness, I was a bit sore Tuesday morning but not much. It was 46 degrees and foggy.
Thursday morning the dogs and I ran 3 miles with a little less achey stiffness, and not much afterwards. It was 25 degrees and snowing.
So this morning the dogs and I headed out on the trails, it was 12 degrees and that was freaking freezing. I've got some hand warmer which I stick in my gloves, but I think I'm going to get those adhesive warmer that I can stick to my butt cheeks and upper legs..... ugh I don't really care for this weather.
The plan was for 3, I didn't take any pain medication this morning and there was barely any soreness or even stiff aches, just a little in my quadricep which was a good sign. Even more, we ended up running 4.2 miles and I noticed at mile 3 that the soreness was fading away.
I managed to get in 10.4 miles this week, I know it isn't much compared to what I was doing all of 2016 but it's something after fearing I might have to end my running affair..... this injury really had me scared, especially not knowing where it came from or how it came about.
As it seems that this week has gone well, I think I am going to play it safe and run three times next week, Tuesday - Thursday and Saturday while possibly bumping up Saturday's run to 5 miles if the other two runs go well. 
I miss running 8 miles for my easy runs...... but hopefully I'll be back up there by the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment