Monday, March 21, 2016

The Following Days After the LBL Marathon

  So The Land Between the Lakes Marathon..... my first trail marathon and my second marathon so far. It was brutal, amazing and definitely not easy and I definitely learned that I need to discipline myself with training for those hills, not just the mileage. I'll begin adding some stair bounds next week, probably 5-10 minutes for starters.
  I had promised myself or my body a full week of no running after the race, I really expected to be so sore and tired that I wouldn't even bother trying to run........
- Sunday I was sore, and tired and achy as we headed home. 
- Monday it was tough going up and down any stairs and any fast stepping or even the slightest pound of my feet would remind me just how sore my quads still were.
- Tuesday I woke up not very sore, actually not sore at all and throughout the whole day I could actually go up the steps and then back down them without any issue. So that afternoon I took Dorian out for an easy 2 miler, it was like 85 degrees so too warm for the dogs, I wore a new pairs of Asics GT 1000 4's as they had the same features as the GT 2000 3's EXCEPT NOT THE SAME CUSHIONING.... and that was evident in my quads which my left one was still achy and calves were tight but it wasn't bad. 
I felt pretty good afterwards.
- Wednesday I woke up feeling absolutely no soreness, and none throughout the day so that was a great sign.
- Thursday I took Dorian and the dogs for a run, we ran 4 miles and no problem.
- Friday through Sunday just ended up being lazy and cold, so no running. I had new shoes I was fitted for, the Brooks Ravenna 7's and I've really been wanting to try them out.
Normally Monday is my rest day BUT I had to go for a run, so I took Dorian and the dogs for a run this afternoon. We ran 4 miles, I am feeling great and cannot wait to get back on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment