Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Only 3 More Days.... 2.5.......

 The weather is slowly changing for the slightly better, and RD's say these trail are very hard packed so in most cases the rain water just runs off the trails so hopefully they'll be in better shape than my trails are in these conditions.
  Less than 24 hours and we'll be in Grand Rivers, KY... finally the wait is over and we will be down there and I'll be counting down the hours to packet pickup and then the race!! 
  I've ran twice this week, Monday and Tuesday. I ran 4.3 miles Monday afternoon with Dorian in the stroller and both dogs on their leashes, then Tuesday morning I took Jetta for a 4.1 mile run. I thought about going out this morning for another easy 3-4 mile run, but decided that it would be a better idea for me to save my energy and legs for the next 3 days until the race. Since I chose to miss this morning, with all the rain going on I've got no choice but to not run until the race now.
  I really don't have much else to say, I'm excited, I am nervous that something is going to happen or go wrong that is going to prevent us from leaving and heading to Grand Rivers, down the condo. ... I guess I will be a little more relaxed once we get going and even more relaxed once we get down there. Packet pickup is Friday, not sure why but I always enjoy picking up my packet and looking everything over and preparing my race clothes. 
  I am going to be really nervous Saturday morning as I get up, get dressed and head to the start. It's going to be a really tough race, my second marathon and my 1st one on trails and with some high elevation gain.... the highest I've ever dealt with.
  Anyways....... I am done blabbering.

No comments:

Post a Comment