Saturday, November 7, 2015

Thursday, Friday and a Trail Race

 I feel like I should wait until after tomorrow's run before posting this week's final blog. But what the heck, right?
 So far this week, with the trail 5k race this morning I have ran 40.8 miles and I am feeling well enough for maybe another 3 mile run later today with Dorian and possibly a 5-6 mile run tomorrow with the dogs out on the Angel Mounds trails.
  Thursday morning I ran 6.3 miles in 1:00:25 with an average pace of 9:36 min/mile. And then another 4 miles in 38:53 with an average pace of 9:43 min/mile later that evening with Dorian. 
  Friday evening I took Dorian to John James Audubon Park for a 1.8 mile run/hike , I was so glad I took a flashlight with us as it got pretty dark real fast.
  
   So let's get to the Columbia Hilly Chilly Trail 5k this morning, man was it brutal as hell. I saw quite a few ladies that made me question whether I could place well or not. Luckily they had two waves - those competing and expecting a pace 9 min/mile and faster, and the 2nd being those 10 min/mile and slower or not competing, and then the walkers.
   Since I had never pushed myself hard on these trails, I decided to place myself near the back of the first wave of runners.  Within the first .25 miles was the largest of the hills, the first .5 miles was on a paved road before we hit the single track trails. 
  The first mile was good and without any running with a pace of 9:46 min/mile, from that point on the final 2 miles were tough as heck. I think they were that hard because I was pushing myself so much, I only hiked 2-3 times on really tough spots. 
  My garmin finished me at 2.8 miles, just short of what their race course states so I'll go with their GPS lol, I finished at 30:26 with an average pace of 9:50 min/mile. Strangely my garmin says elevation gain of only 411 feet, though it wasn't on my usual route so who knows.
  Now for my results:
Time: 30:26 - Average pace of 9:50 min/mile
Overall Place: 28/133
Female Overall: 5th/75
AG Place: 1st/10

No comments:

Post a Comment