Wednesday, November 4, 2015

This Week, and Reaching Another Milestone

  First off, the milestone was actually reached early last week... about 51.3 miles ago. Without my knowing because I was so focused on reaching 200 miles for October, I didn't realize that I had finally reached 5,000 miles since I first began logging my runs (2010 at some point). As of today I am currently at 5,051.3 miles and 1,319.4 miles for 2015... wonder if I can reach 1,500 by the end of 2015.
  Anyways, yep so that is a cool milestone. This week I've got another trail race, on Saturday and at John James Audubon State Park.. in other words it's going to be really tough. I've checked last year's finish times for the top women at the fastest one was 27:16, and the fastest chick in my AG was around 30 minutes - those trails aren't easy and I've never pushed myself hard on those trails so we'll see where I place.
  So far I've ran 27.4 miles this week with hopes that I can get past 40 even with the race. I ran 7.3 miles Monday morning on the roads in 1:10:12 with an average pace of 9:37 min/mile, then Tuesday morning I took the dogs out on the Angel Mounds trails for 6 miles - finishing in 1:04:25 with an average pace of 10:44 min/mile. Tuesday evening I took Dorian out on the Newburgh riverfront for 4.1 miles in 39:15 with an average pace of 9:35 min/mile. This morning I hit the roads for 10 miles, it was 54 degrees and 94% humidity... it was muggy but still better than 70+ degrees and that same level of humidity. I ran the 10 miles in 1:34:48 with an average pace of 9:29 min/mile.
  I've got a massage appointment tonight but hopefully it won't leave me too sore to run 6-7 miles tomorrow morning and maybe another 3-4 miles in the evening as I would really prefer to take Friday completely off to rest and maybe not run on Sunday if possible as I am sure I will be hurting lol.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment