Thursday, January 15, 2015

This Morning's Run and Tuesday's Massage

 Tuesday night's massage went really well, I scheduled my next on for next Thursday. I think I liked the deep tissue therapy and the ..."trigger point" therapy as well.
  I've been stretching just about everything from my hips to my feet but avoiding my hamstrings because I fear that if the issue is exactly what I had on my right leg, stretching the hamstring would only make things worse.
  Rocky and I went for a run on the trails this morning, it wasn't as awful as Sunday's run or even the Sunday before that, but it still wasn't as good as it used to be. The ache/tightness/soreness was pretty much just under my left buttcheek this time rather than radiating down to the outside of my knee so that might be a good sign. It also wasn't nearly as bad so that might be a good sign. We did 3.5 miles, very slowly with a time of 39:43 and pace of 11:21 min/mile so definitely my slower paces.... even for on the trails. I felt the need to go to the bathroom even as I was leaving the house but made sure not to during the whole run. Squatting for any amount of time seems to irritate whatever the issue is, along with sitting for long periods of time or sitting on the toilet. Basically it's putting a lot of pressure/weight on the spot that aches and hurts.
  I am hoping that this is a sign that things are improving, I will attempt another slow run on the trails Saturday... maybe 4 miles but definitely no more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment