Friday, January 23, 2015

There's Definitely Been Some Improvement

  So, my last bloop was on January 15 and I was losing hope that I'd ever run again. Since that run things have begun looking up for me, the pain and aches are getting less and less during each run. Since my last bloop I've ran almost every other day, I ran 3.7 miles on the trails that Saturday (the 17th) then 4.1 miles on Tuesday (the 20th) and then 4.6 miles yesterday morning on the trails. Yesterday my butt and legs were numb due to the cold and those capris being pretty damn thin but I didn't really feel any aches or pains until near the end of the run - towards the 4 mile mark and on but it wasn't bad either.
  I had my 2nd massage yesterday, she did a lot of trigger point therapy and found LOTS of knots in my upper back and neck but wanted to move on to my legs as I told her some of my issues, she said she could easily spend an hour on my upper back. Then she found a couple knots in my left thigh, but I was shocked to find how many knots she found in both calves - especially the left one and I'd say on a scale of 1-10 of pain they were nearing 9 easily. She said she could easily spend an hour and a half on those things and from now on with each massage she wants to start with my legs.
 My next massage isn't for 3 weeks from today, but she's just going to do some easy massaging for relaxation since I have my first race of the year on February 14th - the Hearts on Fire 5k so I don't want to be too sore, I am not looking to place or finish extremely well but I don't want to be sore.

  So, things are looking up as long as I keep taking it easy for a while longer and keep working on my stretches and take my supplements. I've got a lot of catching up to do on these bloops, and I should mention I've got my son an appointment with an ENT (Ear, nose and throat doctor) next Friday and hopefully we'll be given a date for surgery for ear tubes asap. We now know he isn't hearing in his left ear if at all, and we are not too sure how well he is hearing in his right ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment