Wednesday, October 14, 2020

2021 LBL50 Training Week 6

 I'm slacking already, here I am in the midst of week 6 and I haven't even typed up week 5... shoot me.
Week 5 was a big week, my biggest week in a while - from a Monday to Sunday, not counting the rolling 7 days. I managed 55.4 miles that week, I probably could've managed 60 but I was trying to play it safe.
Monday morning I went to the gym, focusing on my Back and some Core at the end. 











Then I decided to head out for an easy run, still trying to be careful with my banged up knee. It was freaking 37 degrees outside, I was determined to wear shorts but did wear my long sleeves along with gloves which didn't help much for the first mile or 2. My fingers were freezing cold and nearly numb, right now I can't remember the rest of my body.











That afternoon I took Jetta for a run, it was 63 degrees and sunny but not too bad. This is the week I begin my double days, where I try to run doubles at least 2 days a week - a run in the morning and then another in the afternoon.











Tuesday morning I didn't go to the gym, I actually didn't even wake to my alarm which pissed me off. It was just vibrating, no sound whatsoever. I woke at like 5:15 and got my ass ready as quick as I could, then Jetta and I headed out to near Bluegrass to get a quick run in. It was 41 degrees, so I went ahead and wore capris, a t-shirt and gloves. 

Hubs and I went and voted before lunch, then we celebrated by going out to Bob Evans for some brunch. Then before picking Dorian up from school, I went out for another run... without Jetta as it was a bit warm and sunny, 75 degrees felt like 80.











Wednesday I made it to the gym, barely.... it was nearly 3 am when I got there but I didn't give a shit as I was determined to get there. Some legs and shoulders before going back home.











After taking Dorian to school, Jetta and I headed to Lincoln State Park for a run on the trails. It started out chilly, strangely enough.... it was only like 56 degrees but I quickly worked up a sweat. We ran 6.1 miles on the trails, elevation gain wasn't too crazy with only like 630 feet.
























Thursday I didn't go to the gym, I actually slept in and then took Jetta for a run down at the river front after dropping Dorian off at school. We ran 5.3 miles at a nice easy effort pace of 9:52 min/mile























I didn't do anything else that day, other than maybe some abs.

Friday morning we got up around 4:45 or 5 am and went out just East of Blue Grass to get our run in.



That afternoon I was feeling so good, and I had an awful Mexican lunch so I decided to go for another run. I did leave Jetta at home as it was 81 degrees and sun was shining, the only good news was the wind was 13 mph.



 









Saturday morning my alarm clock went off at 5 am and I went into the kitchen for a few moments before going right back to bed, the 2020 Run with the Yeti Trail Race and I didn't want to get up. I laid there for about 5 minutes before saying screw this and getting up and getting dressed and heading out the door.
I got there about 45 minutes early, got my bib and shirt and then went out on the trails to warm up with what ended up being 2 miles. By the time I got back to the parking lot, it was time to line up. There was only 8 of us for the half marathon, I was in the lead pretty much from the start and I held on to it. This wasn't the original plan, I only planned on running this easy as a long run. Luckily for me the other 7 weren't very fast and didn't know the course. I finished in 1st Overall, and the 2nd place was nearly 20 minutes behind me. In total I ran 15.1 miles on Saturday morning. I took Sunday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment