Thursday, May 4, 2017

Gonna Get Me Back - Week Six

  I'm pretty sure last week was tough.... but I can't remember.... but I definitely like creating these blogs using mainly images of my workouts, it saves a lot on time :) :) :) :) :)
Okay, so the week before went really well and I had gotten up to 26.3 miles so I was hoping to do better this week and get in a long run of 10 miles or more.
Monday - April 24
A nice hike that evening with my son.

Tuesday - April 25


Later that evening, Dorian and I went for a hike.


Wednesday and Thursday ended up being unplanned rest days, although I did manage to get in some workouts at home.

Friday - April 28

Saturday - April 29


Hubby wasn't happy that he didn't get to sleep in Saturday, so Sunday I made the painful decision to not get up and get my run in. It pretty much rained all day Sunday, from morning to evening and I was really afraid that I wouldn't get to run my long run.
But, after fixing breakfast and thinking about it a lot, being that it was 66 degrees, humid, windy and constant threat of thunderstorms..... Jetta and I headed out for our run.

Between mile 7 and 7.5 we ended up having to make a very tough and stupid decision.... walking through water. The road/route that was my way back home without adding another mile or getting stuck out when this thunderstorm hits or the lightning starts... about .25-.3 miles of was flooded. I didn't want to turn back around, I could hear the thunder and I feared lightning would soon follow. I figured it was only ankle deep most of the way, knee deep at most......
It just so happened that within 20 feet it went from shin/knee deep to waist deep and Jetta had to swim. Luckily there was no current but it wasn't fun either.... in the middle of this was part of the road that was high enough to be out of the water and we stopped. I looked behind us and in front of us, I felt so bad for putting Jetta through that but we couldn't turn around as it was just as long as what was in front of us. After a few moments, we headed on and it felt so much longer and at some points I feared it was going to get higher than my waist.. but it didn't. I kept telling Jetta what a good girl she was and how we were almost done, she just kept paddling along... lucky for her because I stepped on so many dead worms. The knee deep water sucked more so, it felt like my legs had to work even harder.

We were tired when we finally reached the other side, I put my socks and shoes back on, and told myself never again before we got going it. It slowed  us down a lot, mile 8 ended up being like 18 min/mile pace.
But we got home safely, and I ended up with 31.5 miles and 4 workouts at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment