Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I'm Still Here.... Barely....

Yeah it's been tough, my body is fighting me every step of the way and I'm losing hope on being able to do the Harmonie Half, today it is 8 weeks away and the longest run I've gotten was the Bound the Mound 13.1... and I've been suffering since.
The week following the race I only managed 17 miles, the side of my right glute or Gluteus Maximus part.... I don't know just where but following it is a soreness in my left Piriformis thing and kind of into my hamstring or quadricep.... It is seriously driving me crazy.
This morning I woke up and my neck and shoulders were so sore when it finally hit me, my pillow is as flat as a pancake... and I don't normally keep a pillow when it reaches that stage but this thing has been flat for a couple months.... so I bought a new pillow today and hopefully I'll notice a different in a couple of days. 
Last week I ran nothing.... I just didn't want to push it and end up sidelined again for 3 weeks or more. Yesterday morning I ran 3.6 miles and the first mile was fine but by mile 2 I started feeling sore in my Gluteus Maximus part but not horribly. It really felt like I need to stretch it or foam roll it, it was sore for a couple hours after but went away. I didn't run today and hopefully I can run 3-4 miles tomorrow on the trails with the dogs.
Thanks to that stupid storm on the East coast, we're dealing with normal winter weather.... I was hoping winter was over dang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment