Sunday, August 7, 2016

I'm Converting Him!!!!! Slowly......

Yes, it is slowly.... or I'm trying not to be too pushy or  since I don't want to scare him away, but it sure seems to be working out that way, he's only been running a week and has put in a total of 7.4 miles this week already, of course by incorporating walking into his running.
 Last night during our 2 miler, I mentioned that maybe someday he could be doing 5k's and place pretty good in his AG. He kind of scoffed at it, saying that during school the longest he ever ran was a 1 mile and that was with an all out effort, he just didn't believe that he could put out a 7 mm pace for a 5k by the end of this year. I didn't push more on the subject.
BUT.. ... earlier this afternoon he asked me exactly how far a 5k is and I told him 3.1, only a mile more than what he is up to so far. He asked if I could find one in Evansville that him and I could do together, run/walking!





No comments:

Post a Comment