Sunday, January 31, 2016

2016 LBL Marathon Training Week 9 - Part Two

  So far so good (okay, I've finished the week up but lets just act as if it is Saturday). I was going to take Thursday as a rest day but it was so beautiful out that I decided to take Dorian for a run after work. It was around 53 degrees but towards the end of the run it was 48 or so, as the sun was going down.
  I ran 4.3 miles in like 42:22 (I accidentally hit save right at 3.1 miles so one run was 3.1 and the second was 1.2 miles) so I had to use my horrible math skills to figure it out. I was pretty dang tired, it had been like over a month since I've pushed Dorian in the stroller and I was freaking tired.
  Friday morning, I didn't want to get up but got up anyways - it was 34 degrees with a feels like 29 degrees, winds were at 5 mph WNW. I ended up running 8 miles in 1:17:28 with an average pace of 9:41 min/mile, elevation gain of 135 feet and a loss of 124 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:14
Mile 2 - 10:02
Mile 3 - 9:38
Mile 4 - 9:43
Mile 5 - 9:40
Mile 6 - 9:27
Mile 7 - 9:32
Mile 8 - 9:09

  Saturday morning, I got up at 5:50 AM and decided to take the dogs on the trails. The aim was for 6.6 miles so that I could get my weekly total to 55 miles if I could get that mystical 18 mile run Sunday. It was 43 degrees with a feel like 39 degrees, 6 mph S winds but you couldn't feel it in the woods.
   We ended up running 7 miles in 1:13:20 with an average pace of 10:28 min/mile, by the time the sun was up dozens of people were out on the trails ( a lot of them were runners).... I might have to get a muzzle for Jetta, just because her bark scares the $h*t out of people. We didn't have any incidents but it was rather aggravating.
  So that brought my mileage up to like 37 miles......





No comments:

Post a Comment