Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Actually Got a Run in

   Though it wasn't much, I did a 2 min run / 3 min walk split for 2.08 miles (35 minutes total). I have definitely slowed down with this extra 25 - 30 lbs of weight (I have not weighed myself since 153 lbs which at that point I had gained 19 lbs). I am blindly hoping that trying to run through the next 8-10 weeks of pregnancy with this extra weight might help me get faster when I start to drop the weight. I think I actually might research to see if there is any good to come out of this, will the running during the heavier weight better my running when I start to lose the weight. I honestly hope so because then I might actually be somewhat okay with this weight gain, if it will somehow help me in getting faster.
   Some people are freaking out about my running, saying I should quit now and wait until after the pregnancy..... go to hell because this is one of only a few things that have kept my sanity during this pregnancy. I am pretty much running less than a new runner is, and I can feel my body and I know little Dorian is doing fine in there, hell I am doing all the work. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment