Friday, April 22, 2011

Yesterday - Running with Shari and group

   After noticing my complaining on facebook about how much I couldn't wait for Jump Start to begin, Shari invited me to her running group on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. I was a little nervous to say the least because I am very quiet and shy, but the ladies were awesome and nice, very talkative. We ran 4 miles, I made a friend with a lady named Marie though she pronounces it like Maurien almost I think. She stuck with me around mile 2 and the rest, we probably walked for 2 or 3 minutes for .4 miles because I told her about the pains I have been having lately so she didn't want me to hurt myself. I had a great time and can't wait til next Thursday and especially Jumpstart now, Marie and Shari and them will be doing marathons next Saturday while I am doing a 5k. I just purchased two new pairs of running shoes, I think my Ravennas are aging and that might be why I have been have a lot of aches and pains. One new pair are Ravenna (again!) and the other pair are Pumas, they have good reviews so I figured I would try them and rotate my shoes during runs. I think our time was around 45:00 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment