Sunday, November 15, 2020

2021 LBL50 Training Week 10

 I was determined to continue my 60 miles a week streak, Monday I went to the gym - it was back day with some legs and torso thrown in.













I decided to go and run from the gym afterwards, it was freaking cold and I didn't feel like any pic would be better than a screenshot of the temp. I ran 6 miles with an average pace of 9:13 min/mile and it was freaking freezing. That day my race bling/package for the 2020 Indianapolis Monumental Marathon was delivered and I was excited, this Saturday I was going to try and run 26.2 miles so I could hang the medal up.



That afternoon I decided to take Jetta for another run, we went out to Blue Grass to run and ran 7.1 miles with an average pace of 9:17 min/mile. 













Tuesday - November 3rd I turned 33 years old. I did not make to the gym but I did do some pull-ups and chin-ups in celebration, as many as I could.

That evening, Jetta and I went out and ran 6.1 miles with an average pace of 9:23 min/mile. I do forget where we went to run..... though.

Wednesday morning I went to the gym and focused on the delts.



Later that morning I headed out to Blue Grass (again) and ran 8.3 miles with an average pace of 8:56 min/mile. It was gorgeous out and I enjoyed the sun and warmth.



Later that afternoon I decided to head out and get another run in, enjoying the 75 degrees and sunshine. I ran 5.1 miles with an easy effort pace of 9:02 min/mile.


Thursday I decided to rest and take it easy as I was hoping to run the 26.2 miles that Saturday.

Friday morning I decided to go out for an easy effort run, 5 miles with an average pace of 8:51 min/mile.

Saturday morning started off okay, I ate my usual and got my stuff together before heading to Friedman Park. The first loop I knew something was not going right but I hoped for the best. By the end of the 2nd loop I was feeling drained and was having some serious stomach issues. On the 3rd loop daylight was coming up and people were showing up and my GI issues were getting worse. I hit the "resume later" option and got back in my Explorer with the intentions of heading out to Blue Grass to finish up but after a couple minutes I knew it wasn't going to happen. My mind and body was drained and exhausted, and it would have been a stupid mistake to try and get the other 11 miles in. So I saved the run at 15.1 miles and headed home. I ran 15.1 miles with an average pace of 9:39 min/mile.
Sunday morning I needed some redemption so I headed out to Blue Grass and ran with an easy effort pace. I felt better but my left upper/inner quad was feeling a bit sore and tight. I ran 7.3 miles with an easy effort of 9:09 min/mile, finishing up the week with 60 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment