Monday, June 10, 2019

2019 Marathon Training Week 6

So I've been very bad, both about logging and about getting my runs and workouts in. My last blog was week 4, this is now week 6.
In short:
Week 5 - 20.12 miles
And no workouts at the gym.
This week actually went according to plan and I really didn't have to fight or struggle to get it done.
I'm not going to be able to post the pics and stuff but I'll post what I can.
Monday I went to the gym for Back Day and then got out for a 5.6 mile run.




 Tuesday I didn't get up early enough for a run by myself, but the weather was still nice enough by 7:30 AM that I took both Dorian and Jetta with me for a quick 3 miler.


Wednesday I got up and went to the gym for some chest, bi's and tri's. 
There was a threat of severe weather but I went ahead and hit the roads from the gym for either a quick 3 miler or 5 miles. I ended up with 4.2 miles and it turned into a progression run thanks to the lightning.


Thursday I was able to get up and go out for my Mid-Week Long Run, normally half the distance of my weekend long run. It was a little tough, my legs felt like lead that morning. I ran 7.1 miles.

Friday I got up and went to the gym for Shoulders.
I should've run at least 3 miles but decided to play it safe and bank on getting my long run in. I wanted to get the long run in Saturday morning but my son got in a good 3 hour nap Friday and didn't go to bed until at 11, and I just couldn't force myself up the next morning. My husband had to be at a customer's plant by 8:30 so I was a little down about it. These rainy days and thunderstorms are putting a damper on my training. Not so much the rain but the lightning.
Sunday morning was near difficult, my son was waking through the night with dreams I guess. I couldn't sneak out of bed before the sun came up, but by 5:45 all was quiet through my house and I took advantage of that. I got up, got everything ready and headed out the door.
I ended up with 13.1 miles, giving me 33 miles for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment