Sunday, April 17, 2016

2016 Harmonie Trail Marathon Training Week 3

  So I've been slacking on my blog and other things, I believe this was week 3 of training. Last week I ended up with 33.8 miles, my son and I both had an awful cold or allergies or sinus congestion starting from Sunday and lasting until this past Thursday for me, while Dorian is still dealing with a runny nose.
 This week has gone pretty well for the most part, I still haven't gotten my long run in, hoping I can get it in this evening. Summer has suddenly hit and skipped Spring, and my body isn't enjoying it yet. I've got 14-16 miles to run tonight, and hope it gets easier to get up and run in the mornings again - Dorian has been restless most this week which has made it tough.
So far I've got 32.1 miles in and just want to get to 40 for this week, but I'll be excited if I can get to 43-44 miles.
Tuesday I ran 7 miles, Wednesday I ran 4.4 miles and Thursday I ran 5 miles in the morning and 3.3 miles in the afternoon. Friday I didn't run until the evening and Jetta and I ran 7 miles - it was tough for Jetta while the sun was up and it felt like 80 degrees but once the sun went down it got easier. Saturday she and I ran 5.4 miles around 11 AM, it was 66 degrees but blue skies and sunshine, Jetta didn't enjoy it too much.

 On another note, I finally admitted to my husband our financial situation over the year and it's been tough but not as awful and terrible as I had feared. It was a great burden off my shoulders but now it is uncertain that I'll be participating in the Mark Twain Endurance 50 this September.... ... mainly due to the cabin stay and our trying to budget finances now. The only positive thing I can think about is that we've got a trail race here in the area on the same day - held by
or directed by the 40LB Sledgehamme Productions, it is called Spirit Crusher Survival - https://runsignup.com/Race/IN/Evansville/SpiritCrusher
The race starts at 7 AM, each runner has exactly one hour to finish the 4.25 mile trail loop. Then at 8 AM, they will do it again, then at 9 AM they will do it again and so on. The catch is, you must complete each lap in one hour or less to be eligible to start the next round. The race will last until there is on runner left, there is more to it but you can go to the link and check it out.
Sounds great, you know.... a timed ultra that is actually in my area and on relatively flat ground.. .... but now medal, no buckle, nothing but a tee shirt..... for my first ultra.... I'd really like a buckle or something to remember it.












No comments:

Post a Comment