Monday, June 15, 2015

Trying to Get Used to This Heat

  I am failing miserably with it damn it, for the life of me I do not remember how long it took me last year to get used to this horribly hot and humid weather but we are currently in the middle of June and I am hating it. Last week was tough, but Saturday I woke up and said fuck this... I didn't run but I did go to the gym.
  Sunday was no better, and I woke up at 5 AM due to my son having nightmares now and I felt like crap but I knew I had to get my 10 miles in no matter what. Within the first mile I seriously thought that it wasn't going to happen, my feet, ankles and shins were complaining and whining. It took about until mile 4 or 5 for things to finally calm down but the humidity was still there.. thankfully there were clouds and I wasn't running in the direction of the sun...... until mile 6 and that's when the clouds gave way to heat. It was 76 degrees, 83% humidity and it sucked the life out of me when that sun came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment