Sunday, October 9, 2011

My 1st Half Marathon

  I can finally say I ran a Half Marathon, that I ran 13.1 miles and finished it. My clock time was 2:31:05 which gave me a 11:32 min/mile pace, isn't bad for my first Half though it probably would've been better if I hadn't taken 5 bathroom breaks which ended up with no results. I don't know if it is the pregnancy or a bladder infection that is causing me to feeling the ongoing sensation of having to pee. Not only that but my knees were hurting like hell, and I kept going even when I wanted to stop and walk.
  I am so happy with it though, I said that I would run this Half Marathon and I did it! My husband was there, along with my two step-sons, my mother, both of my sisters and brother were there to cheer me on. I received my medal for finishing at the end, and it feels good to  have one. I will post photos on facebook and runnersworld tomorrow, because I feel extremely lazy and tired right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment