Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Days Just Seem to Fly By

   It feels as if May was just ending and Jumpstart beginning, and then Team 13 training with the Half Marathon 13 weeks away - now the Half is 2 weeks and 4 days away, with that Team 13 will end as well. I've gotten so used to running with a large group, with Shari, Jennifer, Susan and Steve, Jamie and Denise that this winter is going to feel a little strange running by myself a lot. This Saturday is our 11 mile run, last Saturday was the 10 mile run and it was kind of painful after 8 miles but I finished it. The 11 miles is going to be pretty much the same route, only a mile longer - pretty much a flat course.
   The Half Marathon is going to be pretty flat as well, with the only hill at the very beginning of the race (a pretty good size hill). I am a little nervous but very excited, I have survived 10.3 miles and will survive 11 miles this weekend so 2 more miles isn't going to hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment