Saturday, March 18, 2023

A Low Mileage Week and a Race

First off, I'm excited to say that this morning I achieved multiple goals. This morning's Run of Luck 5k was brutal, it was 31° with a feels like 21° and NW winds of 16.3 mph.... 
Goals Crushed:
• Sub 22 minute 5k
• Sub 7 min/mile 5k
• Place in either top 3 overall female or top 3 in my AG
I'm very pleased with the results, even though the wind was miserable. Can't say much more about this race, it's just too short to really add to.
As for this week, I kept my mileage low in order to feel refreshed and ready for the race.
Typically my minimal week mileage goal is 30, and my weekly time goal for strength training is 6 hours and I reached 9 hours and 35 minutes.
I try to stick to an intermittent fasting ratio of 14:10 though I don't always achieve it, I am going to get back on track as far as snacking goes.
My daily Nutrition goals are:
Calories vary between 1,600-1,900 and don't matter nearly as much as macros (Carbs, Protein and Fat)
My macros: Carbs-45% Protein -30% Fat-25%
Monday:
Tuesday
Wednesday















Thursday
Friday I was getting back on track as far as nutrition goes and went heavy in the gym, I was very pleased with the "pump" my Back and Arms got.
Sunday morning I headed out for an easy long run, I wanted more than 5 miles but wanted to take it easy. The first half of the run wasn't bad at all, but around mile 5 it started to snow and I was running into the wind which made the 24 degrees feel like 15 degrees, even with two pairs of gloves on my fingers were frozen and actually hurting.
I ended up running 7.1 miles though, 1:03:28 with an easy effort pace of 8:57 min/mile.
So that gives me 22 miles for the week, I feel pretty good about that cutback week after the last few weeks in the mid 30's.
I'll be getting back to my weekly mileage goal this coming week, and I'll be throwing in more 7:30 min/mile pace miles on the treadmill, and maybe out on the roads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment