Monday, February 20, 2017

Week Seven..... and Some More

  So, this training cycle has already proven to be a bit bumpy... whatever was wrong with my legs back in December are still somewhat sensitive to higher mileage and back to back runs so it's been tough.
  Week five sucked balls, after the 10 mile run finishing off week 4 my legs were pretty sore and sour... I ended up only getting in like 12.3 miles with only 2 days of running.... it really sucked.
  Week six was slightly better with the Hearts on Fire 5k finishing it up, I ran 3 days but 4 times. The dogs and I got in 4.5 miles on the trails that Monday, then 7.1 miles on the road Wednesday, then we ran 6 miles Saturday morning before I went to the race. The 5k sucked balls, it was 63 degrees and sunny and my head was on fire.... I heat up way to quickly and easily dang it. I finished in 27:44 and 4th place in my age group..... so in other words I didn't get a trophy. Week six finished with 20.7 miles total.
  This last week was quite a bit better, though the long run was the toughest.... 
We ran 5.4 miles on the road Tuesday morning. We then ran 4.2 miles on the trails Wednesday morning, and 4.1 miles on the river front pathway Thursday afternoon (including Dorian in the stroller) and 7.7 miles Friday morning. Sunday morning's long run was a toughie, starting out my right foot arch was sore for whatever reason but soon eased up within the first mile. I left Rocky at home so it was just me and Jetta for this, I made two pit stops... first time in weeks during a run. It was a tough run, both quadriceps were heavy and a little sore but not awful. I was having hunger pains after mile 6 and I think some gas pains. It was 50 degrees... and I had overdressed with capris and my long sleeve Under Armour shirt with a t-shirt over it.... thankfully I didn't wear gloves or my head thingy. The plan was for 10, and early on I was worried I wouldn't get that.... but it turns out that Jetta and I got in 12 miles due to the route I picked. We ran 12 miles in 1:55:45 with an average pace of 9:38 min/mile, elevation gain of 174 feet. This was more a progression long run with the pace....
Laps/splits
Mile 1 - 10:25 min/mile
Mile 2 - 10:16 min/mile
Mile 3 - 10:01 min/mile
Mile 4 - 10:01 min/mile
Mile 5 - 9:55 min/mile
Mile 6 - 9:44 min/mile
Mile 7 - 9:40 min/mile
Mile 8 - 9:36 min/mile
Mile 9 - 9:13 min/mile
Mile 10 - 9:07 min/mile
Mile 11 - 8:58 min/mile
Mile 12 - 8:46 min/mile

  Yes indeed, it was a tough run..... I am definitely not in the shape I was just a year ago... that is for sure.... blah.... Anyways, week seven totaled out to 33.4 miles so not bad.... hopefully the soreness will go away because I have a trail race this Saturday... if the trails aren't flooded by then... the Bound the Mound 13.1... we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment