Monday, July 13, 2015

Week One's Long Run


  I can't begin to explain just how much I didn't want to get out of bed or out the door, it was 77 degrees, 89% humidity and a dew point around 71 but I just felt blah and like crap. I felt no motivation to get out there at all, but I went anyways.
  I did go to the bathroom before leaving, but ended up having to make 2 pit stops within the first mile. It was rather aggravating to say the least, and at the 2nd pit stop at mile 1 my garmin must have reset itself without me knowing. I ran the first mile in 10:26 and then I have no idea what the next half mile was because my garmin wasn't even recording it. I give myself something like 15:34 or whatever.
  When I realized this, I was beyond angry and half tempted to just say screw it and go back home. After putting myself in check, I started back up again keeping in mind that I had to add 1.5 miles to each mile mark from that point on. The run sucked, that's all I want to say about it... especially when the sun came out. I just didn't have the energy or motivation for this but I knew I needed to push through. Did I mention that it sucked?
  I managed to run 11.5 miles during the second segment, giving myself the 13 miles I wanted. I would say I ran the whole 13 in 2:06:02 with an average pace of around 9:42 min/mile.
Mile 1 - 9:50
Mile 2 - 9:45
Mile 3 - 9:37
Mile 4 - 9:38
Mile 5 - 9:33
Mile 6 - 9:36
Mile 7 - 9:36
Mile 8 - 9:41
Mile 9 - 9:38
Mile 10 - 9:34
Mile 11 - 9:23
.5        - 9:22

  Ignore the paces damn it, because the run sucked balls!!!

Anyways, after much consideration I've decided that in order to get my mid-long runs in on Wednesday, I won't be hitting the gym. My mid-long runs need to be anywhere between 7-10 miles and I just wouldn't have the energy to hit the gym after that. And depending how I am feeling by the end of the week (Friday or Saturday), I might not hit the gym on Saturdays after running or before running. If I do, I would be taking it quite a bit easier.
Well, not sure if it's a good sign that the first week of marathon training was so freaking tough but hopefully I won't have too many more of those. Week one down, 17 more weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment